Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter D mini-book (included)
- Letter D worksheets (included)
- Dinosaur Beginning Sound Game (included)
- Danny and the Dinosaur Activities (included)
- Short I word family mini-books! (included)
- Do Go Dog Go! Lesson Activity pack (included)
- Spot and Dot letter D
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read Go Dog Go! This is a good time to teach about opposites. Also this is a good time to teach about traffic lights and how they work. There is an opposite game in the Go Dog Go pack, Also, a Traffic Light sight word book included as well!
- Compare/Contrast Goldilocks and the 3 dinosaurs vs. Goldilocks and the 3 bears
- Compare/Contrast give a dog a donut vs. the other Laura Numeroff stories we have read (Give Cat a Cupcake/Moose a Muffin)
Writing Center Ideas:
- Have the students write about what they would do if a dinosaur came home with them (included in Dinosaur activity pack)
- Have students write their own “3 little dinosaur” story
- Have the students make a chain of matching dominos
- Play “War” with dominos (instead of cards). Who has the higher number?
- Add with the dominos…put one on a table with the “one dot” and then say..I want to have a total of 7…and have the students find another domino with 6 total dots (or whatever combination)
- Do Domino Addition worksheets (included)
- Ten Black Dot Activities (included)
- Make a list of D words
- Play with dough/play dough. Make dinosaur footprints in the dough
- Learn more about dinosaurs: carnivores/herbivores/omnivores/paleontologists, extinct, fossils,
- Dig for dinosaurs! Create a sensory bin w/ dinosaurs in it.
- Eat donuts! Frost your own donuts!