Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter G mini-book (included)
- Letter G worksheets (included)
- Letter G Literacy Pack (included)
- Go Dog Go pack (included)
- Goldilocks and the Bears Pack and Reader’s Theater (included)
- Billy Goats gruff activity pack and Readers’s Theater (included)
- Fairy Tale Writing Prompts (included)
- Gregory the Terrible Eater Activities (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter G
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Comprehension concept is characters. You can talk about the characters in the Goldisocks and the Libearians book (OR Goldilocks and the 3 Bears). (There is a graphic organizer included). You can help act out the story of the 3 bears with doing Reader’s Theater! (included)
- Discuss Fairy Tales…this week we have several fairy tales to choose from! A fairy tale is a story written for children that has magical/not real parts to it. Other elements of a fairy tale may include that there is a villain. A character may learn a lesson, they may start with Once Upon a Time and end with “they lived happily ever after.”
Writing Center Ideas:
- Write your own fairy tale! It is fun to swap characters in a fairy tale too… Goldilocks and the 3 Billy Goats Gruff! Use the Fairy Tale Writing Prompts (included)
- Goldfish make a great snack ….so do graham crackers! Do a counting game with them!
- Make a list of G words
- Sort pom poms … have different size pom poms -can be sorted by size, color, etc. have the students use fine motor and pick up w/ tweezers and sort and count them.
- Learn about germs, how they spread, how to stay clean, what to do when you cough or sneeze, etc.
- Make something with glitter