Letter H Craft: Hippo Egg Carton Craft
What you’ll need to make the H is for hippo egg carton craft for each child:
2 egg cups
2 white pom poms
2 googly eyes
Letter H Craft: Hippo Egg Carton Craft Directions
The day before the kids do this project:
Cut around each egg cup so that they made perfect circles without any weird bumps or lumps. My egg cartons had a little line that I was able to cut across to make the perfectly round cups.
Cut out two ear shapes from the purple paper for each child.
Let the kids do this part:
Paint the outside of each cup purple and the inside pink. The two cups will become the hippo’s mouth. Let the paint dry.
- Paint the outside of each cup purple and the inside pink. The two cups will become the hippo’s mouth. Let the paint dry.
- When the paint is dry, glue the googly eyes to the front, the ears to the top, and the two pom poms inside the mouth to represent teeth.
- Glue the two egg cups together along the back.
- Open and close the hippo’s mouth to reveal it’s giant teeth!
- Talk about the letter H when making this craft. What things that start with H can the kids think of? Is there anything in the room that starts with H? Are there any kids with names that start with H?
When the hippos are dry and complete, kids can take them home and show them off to mom and dad.