Letter J Craft: Jellyfish Paper Plate
What you’ll need to make the J is for jellyfish paper plate craft for each child:
1 paper plate
Blue markers or paint
Pink and yellow markers
2 googly eyes
J is for Jellyfish Paper Plate Craft Directions
The day before the kids do this project:
- Cut out the center circle of the paper plate.
- Cut the circle in half, using wavy lines. This will become the jellyfish’s body.
- Cut the rim of the paper plate into thin strands about 1/2 of an inch thick. Cut the strands in half lengthwise.
Let the kids do this part:
- Color the strands with markers.
- Curl the strands around your finger to make them look more like tentacles.
- Paint or color the jellyfish’s body blue (or any other color).
- Glue 4-6 tentacles to the back of the jellyfish.
- Glue the googly eyes to the front of the fish.
- If you like, you can also add a little yarn hanger to the top of the jellyfish so it can be hung from a doorknob or window.
Kids will love making the jellyfish soar around the room pretending it is swimming in the ocean. The nicest thing about this jellyfish is that it won’t sting! Have the kids search for other things that start with J in the room. Maybe some of the kids have a name that starts with J?