Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter M Mini-book (included)
- Letter M beginning sound worksheets (included)
- Play with magnets/make words with magnets on magnetic board
- Make Marshmallow and toothpick letters (use little marshmallows and connect with toothpicks to make letters)
- Make a mustache (included) OR, Have mustaches made for them and take a picture at a photobooth to send home or create an e-collage of everyone for an email.
- Play Feed a Monster Game (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter M
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Writing Center Ideas:
- Label detailed pictures with your writing prompts. Do the “Give a Moose a Muffin Writing Prompt (included)
- Do the If I Made a Monster Writing Prompt (included)
- Write the Room Give a Moose a Muffin (included)
Story Time Ideas:
- Discuss the Comprehension Concept: Characters –
- Discuss again about making and labeling detailed pictures when you are writing.
- Read If you Give a Mouse a Muffin and discuss story sequencing. Do the Give a Moose a Muffin Sequencing page (included)
- Make a Class Phonebook using the template (included) – (For Math practice)
- Make Marshmallow Munchies in a Microwave – see if you can bring the students to the teacher’s lounge or use a microwave and make rice krispie treats -you can top with M &Ms (The students LOVE doing this!)
- Make a list of letter M words together
- Do a lesson on mail! Students can play dress-up and dress up as postal workers. Parents/friends can send in mail to their kids. Have a child be a postal worker/sort mail and put in boxes, Kids get to read their mail. You can read the book “Mail and How it moves” to compliment this lesson. The students can also make their own mail to give to each other.
- Do a science experiment: Is this item magnetic or not?
- Make a graph: What is your favorite food with marshmallows? (Rice Krispies, Hot cocoa, s’mores)