Literacy Center Ideas:
- Letter N mini-book (included)
- Letter N worksheets (included)
- Make Noodle Necklaces (string a noodle on yarn)
- Make Noodle Letters – Kids love this.. cook some spaghetti (with a little oil to lessen stickiness), and then make letters out of cooked noodles
- Letter N Alphabet Game (included)
- Letter N Beginning Sound Game (included)
- Get a net for a fish tank and have the students search for letter n objects (noodles, nickels, nuts) in a tub of water.
- Take a nap J
- Make a Night Sky – use black construction paper, q-tips/paint for the stars, or little star stickers (kids love that!)
- Do the Best Nest Activity packet (included)
- Est word family book (included)
- Spot and Dot the letter N
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Comprehension focus: Learning to write lists -Lists are the next step in the writing process! We started with drawing, we added details to our drawing…Now we will make lists! Lists are easier to write than sentences! Focus on finding some lists that students can write and draw and then make a list book!
- Make a list book (included) – Have the students make a nice cover, write on every page, add details and color, spell as best they can with phonetic spelling, and put as many details as they can into their books.
- In the Name Jar Activity is a different list activity you can do (included)
Writing Center Ideas:
- Veterans Day Writing Prompts (included)
- Base 10 blocks
- Make the Printable Veterans Day Cards and send them. (Included)