Literacy Center Ideas
- Letter Y mini-book (included)
- Letter Y worksheets (included)
- Letter Y Lesson Activities (included)
- Spot and Dot the Letter Y
All of the activities included above can be bought in our store/(You may use your account funds to pay for these lessons!)
Story Time Ideas:
- Read and learn all about yak. Have the students do a KWL or can, has, is about yak (included)
- Read the story I dare you not to yawn. Talk about the stages of yawning that they talk about in the book. Talk about the things that make you yawn… (and what happens if someone sees you yawn).
Writing Center Ideas:
- Read Extra Yarn and have students write about what they would make with their extra yarn. (Writing Prompt included)
- Make letters out of yarn.
- Write letters with yarn
- Do Yoga!
- Use yarn and do lacing cards
- Have a “I dare you not to yawn” game – students can try to make the other students yawn.
- Toss a ball of yarn from person to person and then try and get it untangled again.
- Make a list of letter Y words together